Zhichun's Geographical World

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Like a River Glorious

We had Latifah for micro-teaching on rivers yesterday, thought the lesson was fabulous! Her animated and lively teaching has definitely made me reflect a lot on my own teaching . I have always aspired to be a vivacious and dynamic teacher, in order to engage students' absolute full attention but guess it will be really energy-demanding and the main problem is whether I can last for the full 3 years. There are still many areas that I need to explore for myself and lessons to be learnt to be an effective teacher, and at the end of the day, enjoy doing the things I do.
Despite the scarce natural features such as rivers we have in Singapore, we can still help students see the relevance of studying the drainage system, river features and getting them to generate reasons for studying the rivers. I'll end this entry with the lyrics of a beautiful hymn...

Like a river glorious is God’s perfect peace,
Over all victorious, in its bright increase;
Perfect, yet it floweth fuller every day,
Perfect, yet it groweth deeper all the way.

Indeed, His peace flows like the river, fuller and deeper over time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home